Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

Maxilla & Mandible

I have a small model of a skull in front of me on my desk and for its size it holds a pretty good level of quality and has a nice feel to it. I purchased it a few years back in New York from a store called Maxilla & Mandible, located at 451 Columbus Avenue, between 81st and 82nd Streets in New York City. On my visit to NY I naturally went in search of what ever I could find in relation to Human Anatomy and this store was just one of my findings.  It is like walking into a natural history museum when your inside, although of course much smaller, but with a large array of products and specimens. Its hard to tell from their web site how fascinating the store actually is. Its not only Human anatomy within, but also Paleontology, Osteology, Entomology and Malacology. Here is a video featured on the web site showing some of the publicity they have had.


And here is the little skull I purchased: